1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before? Hold a party at home.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t make a set of new year’s resolution for 2014. This year, I plan to live a healthier lifestyle: smarter food choices and regular exercise.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my friend from work Honey!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes.
5. What countries did you visit? None.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014? More patience.
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Morning of June 24, 2014. The day we found out we’re having a baby!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? With my husband’s help, conceive! Hahaha!
9. What was your biggest failure? Failing to exercise regularly.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? If morning sickness is counted, yes.
11. What was the best thing you bought? With my husband, mutual funds/stocks.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Can’t think of anyone.
14. Where did most of your money go? Food and groceries.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Pregnancy.
16. What song will always remind you of 2014? “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” by Frankie Valli. We saw Jersey Boys this year, and I’ve been singing this song to our baby girl.
17. Compared to this time last year (or compared to the last week of 2013), you are: not in the hospital on new year’s eve.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eat fatty food and so much desserts.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Quietly at home with my husband.
21. How did you spend new year’s eve? Quietly at home with my husband after a nearly 5-hour ordeal in the hospital.
22. Did you fall in love in 2014? Yes, with a feisty little girl in my belly.
23. How many one-night stands? None.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Masterchef, the adult and junior versions.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate last year? No, can’t think of anyone.
26. What was the best book you read? Mayo Clinic: Guide To A Healthy Pregnancy.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Four Seasons, aka The Jersey Boys!
28. What did you want and get? Get pregnant.
29. What did you want and not get? A promotion, or at least a higher performance rating.
30. Favorite film of this year? Guardians of the Galaxy.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Had dinner with college friends. I turned 30.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A promotion at work.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014? Practical.
34. What kept you sane? My husband’s never-ending support.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Anne Curtis.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Changes to immigration laws here in the US.
37. Who did you miss? My parents, siblings and the entire extended family.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Can’t think of anyone.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson yu learned in 2014. Marriage is a lifetime partnership. You support each other in anything, always.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: “You’re just too good to be true.”